Sunday, November 24, 2013

sabbatical redefined

Well...yes, I'm on a sabbatical but maybe it isn't a painting sabbatical as much as it is a pressure sabbatical.

Until we finish our house building project, my galleries will be receiving fewer new works and I won't be entering juried shows. That takes the pressure off for painting larger pieces. (More about juried shows in a future post).

But today, I came across a few 7x5 inch oils from earlier this year that I left in the value foundation stage. And, because I'm taking year-end inventory of art supplies, I had to handle each tube of oil paint in my studio. Before I knew it, I found myself squeezing out a basic palette and PAINTING on one of the little foundations. Very fun! A few more tweaks and I'll be able to post this little painting, tentatively titled "Memory Lane," here and on my ART JOURNAL blog.

By the way, I'm once again adding work to my Daily Paintworks Gallery.  If a painting doesn't sell within a week on DPW, I move it to my Etsy Store, BBNewtonART. Today I realized prices on several pieces didn't get updated. Prices are correct now if you'd like to take another look for an inexpensive gift for yourself or a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment