Wednesday, January 8, 2014

On a roll or spinning my wheels...

I worked at K2 Skis for sixteen years, four 10-hour days per week. Wednesdays were my own.

Now, as we move forward to build our new home, all days are filled with everything except making art. Even the business of art takes a lot of time. The past week has been spent rotating art at three of my galleries, shipping art sold online, and setting up the new year in QuickBooks. I want my Wednesdays back.

This morning I received a nice email comment on my painting "Summer Morning." I remember being "on a roll" last summer when I painted a dozen small pastels.

"Summer Morning," pastel, 7x7 inches

Today is Wednesday. I have my painting apron on. I may only "spin my wheels" but at least I'm in the driver's seat today to make art.

No comments:

Post a Comment