Saturday, March 28, 2015

Maple Table Complete...whew!

Ten days ago I started work on the maple table and today I'm finally done. This has been a labor of love that included a lot of trial and error. I thought I could use MinWax Polyshades Maple but it looked terrible so I had to strip all that off, wash the table, sand the table and begin again. I finally bought some MinWax Wood Finish Maple stain then a coat of Johnson's Paste Wax on top. There is also a leaf that isn't shown in this photo of the table in the waxing stage. I'm calling the table good for the next 50 years.

2 comments:

  1. These are so much fun! And the table is fantastic - never would have thought of using a color for the edge and legs. Would be fun to sit there with you for tea after the table moves into your new abode. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete