Sunday, August 13, 2017

Don't look at the chicken

Rain! It rained during the night, the first time in 2 months. Yay! No better time to paint than a Sunday morning when the garden is not calling me for a drink. Ate breakfast, read parts of the Sunday paper and began tidying up the kitchen so I could head to the Studio.

Then, I noticed the dishwasher needed unloading so I started that and noticed the silverware drawer trays needed cleaning. Did that and started for the studio again...as soon as I put a couple things in the refrigerator.

Opened it. There's that chicken from Costco! It filled the need for a quick dinner a couple days ago as well as contributing to salads. But now, with the rainy day I thought of soup. Yay! Soup is made from REFRIGERATOR. The prosciutto wrapped asparagus, the diced fennel from the chicken spread and of course, another zucchini each was diced up. Jay wandered through and I grabbed him to dice carrots and dice aging onions. I'm heading to the studio but better check that the soup is on simmer.

Oh, this soup needs green. I wonder if a few green beans are ready? Out to the garden. OH NO, my gladiolas are falling over because of the rain. Cut them and couple sweet peas and a dahlia and headed for the beans.

Oh, oh. 119 beans later I'm back in the kitchen. I'll have to blanche most of them and put them in the freezer but first I am here typing. I felt I should warn you. If you are planning to paint, do not look at the chicken!





No comments:

Post a Comment