Tuesday, November 19, 2013

all things considered

Just as we look back and remember where we were the day President John F. Kennedy died - I was an art student working as a hairdresser - we also remember 9/11. On that day I was babysitting grandson Noah, celebrating the birth of grandson Elias the day before. All things considered, I would rather be my age right now than that 20 year old art-student-hairdresser or even that new grandmother.

On 9/11/2001 I was also working in colored pencil with good sales that dropped off dramatically as the nation's attention turned elsewhere.  My technique in that medium was slow and tedious. I used a sharp point, light touch and very small circular strokes. It was not unusual to have 80 hours into one painting. Now, when I look at the art from that time, I am very pleased with the work but, all things considered, I have to find new homes for it before I move to my new studio.

And so, that brings me to "All Things Considered," a colored pencil work that measures 16.25 x 16.25 inches and will frame with a mat to approximately 24 x 24 inches.  I have selected it to become the first of my collection to go to my Daily Paintworks Gallery online at a drastically reduced price. Please take a look by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment