Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Close but no cigar

I have a long history of using creative visualization as it was introduced to me 40 years ago by author, Shakti Gawain. When writing an affirmation, it is important to state it clearly and of course it always ends with "This or something better now manifests for me." 

In my last post I wrote "Yesterday, we almost bought a house on Vashon! So exciting and so close, but no cigar."

The saying comes from traveling fairs and carnivals from the 1800s. The prizes back then were usually cigars or bottles of whiskey. If you missed the prize at a carnival game, the carnie folk would shout, “Close! But no cigar!”

We almost made an offer on a house but after "sleeping on it" decided it wasn't the perfect place for us. It was close, but no cigar!

Thanks to all who contacted me. It's good to know you haven't deleted me from your life after my long absence from this blog.

On another note: each morning I play Wordle. I watch for a starting word as I read the morning paper. Today, I saw the word "trick." Shortly after that my husband used the word in a sentence to me. And, I'm still thinking about the comment from one of you about golden years being trickier than one would imagine. And, now that I have shared that with you, I realize it is just me rambling... 

Back to Wordle and wishing you a good day.

"Gratitude," Plein air pastel of my Studio garden at Mill Pond Cottage
Collection of the Artist

 


No comments:

Post a Comment